In these pages you can find a wide range of information to support volunteering and community action- use the menu on the right to navigate
- make a difference: engage with something worthwhile
- feel better: improve health and well-being through meaningful social contact
- move on: enhance your career prospects, try something new
- do something you love
- try something new
- be realistic in terms of amount of time, degree of regular commitment, what you are willing and able to do
- start small, do not over-commit yourself at the beginning
Different ways to volunteer
2. Do your own search
Find organisations that interest you and contact them.
- Many larger charities and social enterprises are well organised about supporting volunteers
3. Initiate community action
Many people simply take action to do something they like or initiate something that they would like to see in their neighbourhood. It may be joining a letter pick, helping to run the local community shop, starting a pop up cafe in the village hall, or getting an open space designated to safeguard it for the future. There are lots of resources available to support community action volunteers. See the resources section or contact Community First Oxfordshire.