Oxfordshire Community Oil Scheme – ‘An oil scheme that cares!’
Our popular oil scheme has been running for over 10 years now and has the benefit of being based in your local community. With CFO behind it we can bring together communities in Oxfordshire to make the most of joint buying power. This leads to competitive fuel prices throughout the year irrespective of amount ordered.
Keeping it local – we operate the scheme through volunteer co-ordinators based in your local community, providing help, knowledge, and support, especially important for the more elderly and vulnerable.
Bulk buying is currently not running due to the vastly fluctuating oil prices, but we hope this will be up and running again in the near future. CFO will keep all members updated.
What are the benefits?
- Simple Ordering Process – no more phoning around numerous suppliers, we do all that for you.
- Environmentally Friendly – one oil tanker delivery to numerous properties in your area (this is relevant to bulk buying which currently isn’t running due to the volatile oil prices; however, we hope that it will be up and running again soon)
- Professional Fuel Buyers – we use the services of a fuel buying group AF Affinity, the UKs largest agricultural buying co-operative, who purchased over 8 million litres of fuel last year
- Fast Payment Option – payment to our oil buyers by direct debit the month following delivery
- Monthly Savings Plan – allowing you to spread the costs through the year.
How does it work?
- A set schedule of oil ordering dates (fortnightly) is circulated, and your local co-ordinator will contact you to check if you would like to place an order on this occasion, just reply back with how many litres you would like (this currently isn’t running but hope that it will be running again soon).
- Affinity will negotiate the best price from a range of local and national suppliers. We will advise you who the supplier is and the price per litre
- The oil will be delivered a maximum of 10 working days from order date, in accordance with your delivery instructions
What does it cost and how do I join?
The membership fee is £24.00 per year. This covers administration and contributes to the work of CFO, supporting communities in Oxfordshire to become strong, inclusive, and thriving.