DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
At Community First Oxfordshire we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Community First Oxfordshire needs to obtain and keep information about its clients, members, Board of Directors, employees, volunteers and suppliers in order to run effectively and efficiently.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office – registration Number: Z8214714.
In this policy we will explain how we will treat your personal information
2. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”)
3. How do we process your personal data?
Community First Oxfordshire complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To enable us to provide a service for the benefit of the public in Oxfordshire
- To administer membership records;
- To manage our employees and volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications);
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- A contract with the individual to supply goods or services that they have requested.
- Legitimate interest so that we can keep groups such as statutory bodies for Town and Parish Councils/Meetings plus charity/community groups informed about news, events, activities and services.
- Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. Contact details held by Community First Oxfordshire may be made available to groups/individuals where this is integral to the provision of a service, e.g. to fulfil a contract or the publication of a directory intended to help the public to access essential services.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 6, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law:
- b) if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purpose of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Community First Oxfordshire holds about you;
- The right to request that Community First Oxfordshire corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. Please refer to this section occasionally to check for updates.
10. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, please in the first instance contact
Community First Oxfordshire,
South Stables, Worton Park, Witney, Oxon. OX29 4SU
Tel: 01865 883488
Email: [email protected]
This site uses some unobtrusive but essential cookies to store information on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. By continuing to use our site you are agreeing for us to use these cookies.