Local advice, support and volunteering information
- Oxfordshire NHS and Local Authorities Stakeholder Briefing – July 2021
- GoodSAM coronavirus volunteering:
– Being a Telephone Companion
– Collecting and delivering food/ prescriptions/ medications
– Transporting patients
– Transporting supplies and medicines
- Oxfordshire Community and Voluntary Action – Local volunteering: information page for those who wish to volunteer to support local people and communities during the current coronavirus situation.
- Oxfordshire All In: find your closest COVID-19 community support group in Oxfordshire
- Oxfordshire County Council: national advice and local information on COVID-19
- Oxfordshire County Council: guidance on how to support your community safely during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Citizens Advice: offer phone, email and web-chat advice
- Oxfordshire’s Local Authorities have put together Advice for Controlling COVID-19 infection
- Cherwell Parishes Update Bulletin – for parish councils – 19.4.21
- Advice for tenants– from Oxford Tenants Union
- Oxford-together: coordinating the response to COVID-19 effort in the city of Oxford
- Cherwell District Councillor COVID-19 priority fund: allocates each Cherwell District Councillor £2,000 to support communities in responding to Coronavirus. Applications can be made by Parish Councils or any other not for profit organisation needing support for services provided in response to the COVID-19 crisis. For more information see: Guidance Notes and Application Form
SOUTH OXFORDSHIRE AND VALE OF THE WHITE HORSE
- Covid-19 Support Grant Scheme: the Covid-19 Support Grant offers support to households who are particularly affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Anyone who is struggling is urged to contact- Vale Community Impact 01235 765348 (Vale residents only) or Citizen’s Advice – 0808 278 7907 (South and Vale residents). This grant scheme will be available until 20 June 2021 or until all funds are spent.
- Transportation Grant Scheme: the grant scheme is all about supporting our communities to stay safe on the road to Covid-19 recovery by offering financial assistance towards Covid-19 safe transportation costs.