Come and join us for Asset Based Community Development (ABCD) training. ABCD focusses on identifying what is strong in a community rather than what’s wrong and building on already existing connections.
CFO will be supporting ABCD specialists Nurture Development on a 2-day workshop, November 28 and 29 in Didcot. The cost is £200 + VAT.
This workshop will:
- Give you an understanding of the history of ABCD, relating it to your experience of community development.
- Explain the 5 guiding principles of ABCD in both theory and practice.
- Identify the 6 building blocks or assets of community building, exploring how these can be identified, connected and mobilised in the neighbourhood context.
- Share the 8 touch stones of community building, offering stories and examples of their application.
- Identify the ABCD Tools for Change: e.g. Learning Conversations & Asset Mapping.
- Involve you in activities and exercises that you can then use in practice where you live and/or work.
- Use stories and case studies of ABCD in action from our Learning Sites, in the UK and around the world, to highlight effective practice.