Want to save money on the cost of your heating oil? So do we!
Our oil buying syndicate brings communities throughout Oxfordshire together to make the most of joint buying power. Not only do you get the best price, but the oil companies can make the most efficient use of delivery lorries (and fewer journeys to a particular community helps the environment). You also pay the same price regardless of the quantity ordered- perfect for keeping your tank regularly topped up!
Keeping it local
Wherever possible, we operate the scheme through local volunteer co-ordinators, who are placed within the community and can help with day to day issues. From helping those with no internet or computer access, to checking oil levels for those who are unable to and reminding you to check your oil levels or when an order is due, they are there to support anyone who needs that extra bit of help and guidance.
This is how it works
- Your local co-ordinator will remind you that the monthly oil order is due to be placed. You then let them know the amount of oil you require. Please note: you will need to allow a maximum of approx. 10 working days for delivery of oil from the order date. Please consult the Oil Order Calendar 2015-6 for delivery and order dates.
- The co-ordinator will collate all the orders in your area and pass on to our professional oil buyers, AF Affinity
- AF Affinity will negotiate the best price from a range of suppliers. We will advise you who the supplier is and the price per litre (exclusive of VAT, currently 5%)
- Oil will be delivered according to your delivery instructions
- Payment for the oil is direct to AF Affinity- preferably by Direct Debit
To cover the costs of administration there is an annual membership fee of £24.00 (£20.00 plus VAT).
To take advance of this scheme please complete the membership form below and at the same time arrange payment of the annual fee. We will do everything else.
Payment can be made by cheque payable to Community First Oxfordshire. Please send to Community First Oxfordshire, South Stables, Worton Park, Worton, Witney, Oxon. OX29 4SU. You can also pay by direct transfer (BACS) – account number: 20361680, sort code: 60-83-01. Please quote your surname and postcode as a reference.
For more information about the oil scheme please contact Sue Hunt: 01865 883488 firstname.lastname@example.org