Data sources are needed to support effective Community Led Planning, social action and volunteering. Evidence can be obtained through neighbourhood surveys and local knowledge but is also strongly supported by statistics that are available from the census and other sources.
Data Profiles for every parish which package the available statistics (as at Nov 2013) for easy use in community plans, have been put together by Action with Communities in Rural England (ACRE). The census data in these profiles, in particular, is still the best available data for small areas such as parishes.
Data Profiles for Oxfordshire communities can be downloaded here:
- Cherwell District parishes
- South Oxfordshire parishes
- Vale of White Horse District parishes
- West Oxfordshire parishes
- Oxford City
Additional useful sources of information about your community:
- Office for National Statistics
- Oxfordshire Insight: aims to provide evidence to support strategic policy development within Oxfordshire
- Parish Online: provides quality mapping and powerful tools to Parish and Town Councils
- Ordnance Survey: the UK government agency responsible for the official, definitive topographic survey and mapping of Great Britain
- District Data Service: The Data Analysis service helps district councils in Oxfordshire to make use of data and evidence on multiple themes, including population and households, health and well-being and communities