Oxfordshire Community Oil Buying Scheme – “An oil scheme that cares!”
Keeping it local
Wherever possible, we operate the scheme through local volunteer co-ordinators, who are placed within the community and can help with any day to day issues. From helping those with no internet or computer access, to checking oil levels and reminding you when an oil order is due. They are there to support anyone in their local community who needs that extra bit of help and guidance.
Our oil buying syndicate brings communities throughout Oxfordshire together to make the most of joint buying power. Not only do you get the best price, but the oil companies can make the most efficient use of delivery lorries (and fewer journeys to a particular community reduces traffic and carbon footprint). You also pay the same price regardless of the quantity ordered- perfect for keeping your tank regularly topped up!
No more phoning around numerous suppliers – we do all that for you
We use a specialist buying team at Affinity, the UKs largest agricultural buying group, to negotiate the price with a range of local independent and national oil suppliers.
This is how it works
- Your local co-ordinator will remind you that the monthly oil order is due to be placed. You then let them know the amount of oil you require. Please note: you will need to allow a maximum of approx. 10 working days for delivery of oil from the order date. Please consult the current oil odering calendar for delivery and order dates.
- The co-ordinator will collate all the orders in your area and pass on to our professional oil buyers, Affinity
- Affinity will negotiate the best price from a range of suppliers. We will advise you who the supplier is and the price per litre (exclusive of VAT, currently 5%)
- Oil will be delivered according to your delivery instructions
- Payment for the oil is direct to AF Affinity- preferably by Direct Debit
To cover the costs of administration there is an annual membership fee of £24.00 (£20.00 plus VAT).
To take advantage of this scheme please complete the membership form below and at the same time arrange payment of the annual fee. We will do everything else.
Payment can be made by:
Direct Transfer: account number: 20361680, sort code: 60-83-01. Please quote your surname and postcode as a reference.
Credit Card: Please phone us – 01865 883488 to take a card payment
Cheque payable to Community First Oxfordshire. Please send to Community First Oxfordshire, South Stables, Worton Park, Worton, Witney, Oxon. OX29 4SU.
For more information about the oil scheme please contact Sue Hunt: 01865 883488 [email protected]