Community First Oxfordshire can help make contact with those individuals furthest from the labour market to enable them to connect with opportunities. This could involve:
- Mapping social disadvantage (MOSAIC data set / Oxfordshire Insight Observatory)
- Identifying areas where there are rural concentrations of (a) young people who are NEET, or low skilled or struggling to access sustainable employment and (b) adults who are low skilled and/or workless
- Working with partners to develop practical strategies in response to the above
- Consider developing a project in 3 disadvantaged areas that aims to raise skills levels, connect residents with economic opportunity and support them into sustainable jobs
- Consider refreshing Rural Inclusion Group: agree focus and objectives
Working with our partners, Community First Oxfordshire can ensure rural Oxfordshire is fully included in the vision of innovation-led growth for the county.
For a discussion, please contact Tom McCulloch