A New Plan for Woodstock
Woodstock Town Council and Blenheim Estate have appointed CFO to consult the community about the current and future needs of the town.
The Plan is now available… click on the links below
The findings and emerging site plans for north of Hill Rise and north of Banbury Road were presented at community events on Friday 15 and Saturday 16 November (SEE DETAILS BELOW). The appendices include reports from consultation held events across the Plan process.
- Appendix 1 – Woodstock development sites
- Appendix 1a – Development site overviews
- Appendix 2- Launch events report (April 2019)
- Appendix 2a – Launch events report – roads and traffic (April 2019)
- Appendix 3 – Community Survey report (July 2019)
- Appendix 4 – Community groups consultation report (July 2019)
- Appendix 5 – Consultation events report (June 2019)
- Appendix 6 – Consultation event report (July 2019)
- Appendix 7 – Friends of Old Woodstock feedback (March and July 2019)
- Appendix 8 – Marlborough School feedback (May 2019)
- Appendix 9 – Oxford Diocesan Board of Education feedback (September 2019)
- Appendix 10 – Sustainable Woodstock feedback (September 2019)
- Appendix 11 – Sustainable Woodstock- Cycle Safe Routes (September 2019)
- Appendix 12 – WUFA Pre-School, Breakfast Club and After School Clubs feedback (September 2019)
- Appendix 13 – Wootton Parish Council feedback (October 2019)
- Appendix 14 – Community Indoor Venues Assessment Report (September 2019)
Latest ‘Community Action’ consultation meetings and reports
- Minutes of the 17 October community action meeting
- Woodstock Community and Social Action Update (September 2019)
- Community Groups Consultation Report (July 2019) – available above as an appendix to the final Plan
- Community Survey Report (July 2019) – available above as an appendix to the final Plan
Recent Plan consultation Events
November 2019 Consultation Events
15 and 16 November: eighty plus residents attended these events, which covered presented: Matters for consideration in planning applications at Hill Rise and north of Banbury Road; Priorities for new infrastructure and improvements to existing infrastructure; and Recommendations for community-led action planning.
These sessions also presented EMERGING PLANS for the sites at north of Hill Rise and north of Banbury Road, and were an opportunity to offer further comment.
July Consultation Event
35 people attended a consultation event on Saturday 20 July at Woodstock Community Centre. The event was run by Community First Oxfordshire and Terence O’Rourke Planning.
- Consultation Event Report (July 2019) – available above as an appendix to the final Plan
- July presentation slides
Earlier Plan consultation events
February launch events
Plan consultation was launched with five events and information sessions in March 2019. Over 200 residents attended. The events discussed a range of themes – traffic, community life and facilities, infrastructure, environment, the impacts of development in general and key considerations for specific housing sites. Attendees were asked to note what was most important to them and write down more detailed feedback, including ideas about how to deal with particular issues. Detailed feedback from these events is available below:
- Launch events feedback report –available above as an appendix to the final Plan
- Launch events feedback report traffic appendix – available above as an appendix to the final Plan
June consultation events
Three events were held in June 2019. The events combined presentations, a Q+A and discussion on specific themes. CFO staff were in attendance, plus a representative (at the Saturday event) from Terence O’Rourke Planning, which will be working with Blenheim on forthcoming planning applications.
Just under a hundred people attended these events, with 56 signing up to be involved in next steps discussions/ workshops.
The presentations set out the intent of the plan, progress to date, ‘headline’ results from the April 2019 community survey, an overview of the process of working up planning applications on specific sites and a summary of the more community-oriented projects emerging from the consultation to date and how to take these ideas forward.
- Presentation slides from June events
- June consultation events report – available above as an appendix to the final Plan
Background Information + Documents
- LAUNCH EVENTS PRESENTATION SLIDES
- FEEDBACK FORM: this is the form that was handed out to attendees at launch events.
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS v3.6.19
- PLANNING NEW SITES + DEVELOPER CONTRIBUTIONS: OVERVIEW
- WOODSTOCK PLANNING CONTEXT: this document gives summaries of sites allocated in Local Plans (or included in draft Local Plans) and potential ‘facilitation sites’, which could be used to help deliver community priorities identified through the Plan process.
- WOODSTOCK PLANNING CONTEXT – SITE MAPS: site map as per the above description.
- DETAILED SITE PLAN WOODSTOCK EAST: this is an allocated development site in the West Oxfordshire Local Plan. Building has already commenced. If the document does not open in your browser, please download.
- SUMMARY OF WEST OXFORDSHIRE DC SECTION 106 AGREEMENT ON WOODSTOCK EAST SITE: this sets out commitments agreed to by Blenheim Estate regarding infrastructure and other provisions. This is a summary document and not the full, official agreement, which may contain additional explanatory detail.
- SUMMARY OF OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL SECTION 106 AGREEMENT ON WOODSTOCK EAST SITE: this sets out commitments agreed to by Blenheim Estate regarding infrastructure and other provisions. This is a summary document and not the full, official agreement, which may contain additional explanatory detail.
- WEST OXFORDSHIRE LOCAL PLAN 2031: see pp. 213-253 for policies + maps specific to Woodstock, including allocated sites at east of Woodstock, north of Hill Rise and north of Banbury Road.
- WEST OXFORDSHIRE INFRASTRUCTURE DELIVERY PLAN: this document seeks to identify the infrastructure that is needed to support future growth in the District to 2031, including Woodstock. By ‘infrastructure’ is meant essential services and facilities such as schools, roads, water, gas and electricity and open space.
- CHERWELL LOCAL PLAN 2011-2031: PARTIAL REVIEW OXFORD UNMET’S NEED: see pp. 135 > for DRAFT allocation policy + maps of land at south-east Woodstock. This plan is currently being examined and this site is therefore only a proposal only at this stage. Woodstock TC are opposing its development.
- HEART OF WOODSTOCK TRAFFIC AND PARKING REPORT- SEPTEMBER 2018: for enquiries about this report please contact [email protected]
- FRIENDS OF OLD WOODSTOCK – AUDIT OF COMMUNITY VIEWS, MAY 2019
- DISTRICT DATA SERVICE LOCAL INSIGHT REPORT FOR WOODSTOCK, JULY 2019