An online facility to enable communities to share inspiring initiatives and find solutions to common challenges
CFO’s aim is to build up an accessible online portfolio that effectively showcases community initiatives across Oxfordshire and serves as a tool for networking between communities, to enable sharing ideas, skills and good practise as well as find solutions to common problems.
- Send us a link to your community’s website and Facebook page to inspire others. Please include the name of your village or community, contact details so that other communities can get in touch easily. We will include your link in our Communities Connect webpage.
- Send us a quote about what people of all ages in your community think makes community life happen to get others motivated. Perhaps invite children, young people and the older generations in your community to send in their thoughts via Facebook or to the people who compile your village news or update the Facebook page.
Woodstock’s young people described community as follows:
- a group that works together to make their community a better place
- where people work together towards a goal that will benefit everyone
- when people work together to create a certain environment
- where people support and help each other, community means coming together as one
Broadcast the creative thinking and effective collaboration going on behind the scenes that community life is vibrant, accessible, inclusive, and sustainable!
Whilst the Communities Connect facility is in development, you can scroll through individual village websites here via the Oxfordshire Villages website.
CFO have a range of services, expert advisers, trainers and resources to support sustainable community life across Oxfordshire. Click on the following links for more information about some of our core services:
- Neighbourhood Planning Services
- Community-Led Planning Services and Resources
- Training and Workshops to support effective community action, including with children and young people via After School Clubs, Youth Groups and Schools.
- Advisory Services for Community Halls and Community Shops
- Resources for volunteer drivers
Contact us here
CFO cannot be held responsible for inaccurate information on village pages or old village website links. For details of how to up date information on the Oxfordshire villages website please click here.