District and City Councils CLP support
District and City Councils actively encourage parishes and towns to undertake CLP processes. They provide different forms of support to communities interested in or undertaking Community Led Planning:
- signposting CFO’s CLP Consultancy and Advisory Service
- providing a large scale map of your parish, and PDF version, for use during consultations
- attending launch events and other meetings where required
- helping you to find data and information to inform the plan e.g from the census and other consultations
- reviewing and providing comments on the draft action plan
- identifying agencies that may offer support in delivering action plans
- signposting potential sources of funding for proposed projects
- providing an official response to the completed plan from the leader of the council
- providing details of support the council can provide for implementation of action plans
Click on the link for your District or City Council to access further information about support they can offer you during the CLP process:
- Cherwell District Council
- Oxford City Council
- South Oxfordshire District Council
- Vale of White Horse District Council
- West Oxfordshire District Council
Will your parish council have to pay for a CLP?
A free service is provided by Community First Oxfordshire, funded by your District Council, for communities in:
- South Oxfordshire
- Vale of White Horse
Funding is also available for Cherwell and South and Vale District these communities from their District Councils, which is administered by Community First Oxfordshire.
A consultancy based service is offered to all other communities which is tailored to meet your needs and keep costs down.