We aim to make the CLP process as accessible and as engaging as possible for every community.
To enable you to gain an overview of the process and to familiarise yourself with the focus of the different stages and how they interrelate, the following CLP resources, including the CLP Toolkit are available to download:
- Sample CLPs
- CLP Toolkit This was produced by the Association of Communities in Rural England (ACRE) in 2012 of which CFO is the oldest member. CFO facilitates the CLP process using this resource.
- evidence to support your community planning
- Contact CF0/Need help?
The CLP TOOLKIT
The 9 module CLP process
New challenges and changing contexts demand innovative methods of working with communities to help them achieve their goals and- in the process- build skills, capacity and resilience. This can take 18 months to 2 years is not for everyone.
Community Led Planning ‘Lite’.
This accelerated planning process puts more emphasis on carrying out a survey or questionnaire and streamlines community involvement. Plan timescales are 4-6 months. Bespoke solutions can be tailored directly to the specific needs of a community, depending on what you want to achieve.
Guidelines for using the CLP Toolkit
We recommend taking elements and resources from the nine modules as you need them. The modules resources are all available from the links below:
Module 1. Getting started
This module is about
- Contact Community First Oxfordshire email [email protected] or phone 01865 883488
- contact your District or County Council to find out support they can offer alongside CFO
- Getting started: introduction
- Typical Open Day Handout
- Love it Hate it Survey
- Feedback and Skill Forms
Module 2. Establishing your steering group
- Establishing the steering group
- Options for forming CLP groups (this is additional to the TOOLKIT)
- Model constitution for steering groups
- Terms of Reference for Working Groups
Module 3. Taking stock and planning the way ahead
- Taking Stock and planning ahead
- Project Plan example
Module 4. Understanding your community
- Understanding your community
- Questionnaire design (this is additional to the TOOLKIT)
- Guidelines for questionnaire distribution and collection (this is additional to the TOOLKIT)
- Questionnaire topics to consider for CLPs (this is additional to the TOOLKIT)
- Data Protection for Community Groups (this is additional to the TOOLKIT)
5. Prioritising and planning action
6. Drafting your plan
7. Finalising your plan
8. Implementing your plan
9. Monitoring and reviewing your plan